Centre for Capital Market & Risk Management (C C M R)
IIMB has taken the initiative in the field of management education and research in the area of Capital Market and Risk Management. Faculty from IIMB are very active in research and teaching activities in this sphere and has presented papers in the field of Capital Market and Risk Management at national and international seminars and conferences apart from conducting a large number of training programs in this domain. To strengthen the activities in this area , IIMB has set up the Centre for Capital Market and Risk Management [CCMR]. This is essentially an industry-academic partnership.
CCMR has been involved in:
- Developing teaching materials and preparing working papers.
- Organize workshops / seminars / conferences
- Conducting management development programmes for practitioners
- Undertaking research and consultancy studies.
- Preparing management graduates for the Capital Market and Risk Management fields.
The Centre has brought out a number of working papers on various aspects of capital Market and Risk Management. Recently [December 2004] the centre conducted a Round Table on Non-Banking Financial sector which was jointly sponsored by ICICI bank, Sundaram finance and the Shriram group. It plans to host two international conferences in May and July 2005 ,details for which are given below.
Activities for 2004 - 05
- Customised program for SwissRe between August 9th and 12th, 2004
- Customised program for SwissRe between August 30th and September 3rd, 2004
- Open Program on Risk Management in Banks and Financial Institutions between August 30th and September 2nd, 2004
- Customised program for SwissRe between October 4th and 8th, 2004
- Open Program on Demystifying Financial Derivatives between November 30th and December 3, 2004
- Roundtable on Non-Banking Financial Services on 3rd December, 2004
- Customised program for SwissRe between January 17th and 19th, 2005
- Customised program for Progeon between January 17th and 25th, 2005
- Customised program for EPFO between January 31st and February 5th, 2005
Proposed activities for 2005 - 06
- International conference on Risk Management at IIM Bangalore on 19th - 20th May, 2005
- 2nd Conference of the Asia Pacific Association of Derivatives at IIM Bangalore between 28th - 30th July 2005