The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the doctoral programme of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB).The FPM at IIMB is globally recognized, and is a premier source of rigorous and inter-disciplinary research in all areas of business management and public policy including, corporate strategy and policy, economics and social sciences, finance and control, marketing management, organization behaviour and human resources management, production and operations management, quantitative methods and information systems, public systems, and public policy. The programme is committed to training individuals who will excel in their area of research through publication quality work of international standard.
The Mission of the FPM at IIMB is to:
- Provide rigorous, world-class, inter-disciplinary training in all areas of business management and public policy that will equip students with the ability to conduct cutting edge, publication quality research of international standard.
- Contribute to the creation and transmission of knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy with emphasis on issues faced by firms and organizations in India.
- Contribute to the efforts of IIMB faculty in the creation, transmission, communication, and application of knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy.
- Help meet the teaching and research manpower needs of academia and industry by producing highly skilled individuals with exceptional analytical ability and training in conducting specialized research.
The FPM at IIMB adheres to the following values:
- Emphasis on creation of theoretical and empirical knowledge in all areas of business management and public policy.
- Professional ethics and intellectual honesty.
- Rigour in interdisciplinary research and training.
- Promotion of professional activity and teamwork by students.
- Building linkages and relationships with other leading universities and research organizations worldwide.
FPM students in good standing will get financial support for up to five years. In terms of financial support, ours is one of the best funded doctoral programmes in the country. FPM at IIMB offers specialization in nine areas and are listed in the Specializations Page.
Admissions Office (FPM)
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Bangalore - 560 076
Phone: +91- 80 - 26993013 / 3017