C F M I (Centre for Financial Markets and Institutions)
Financial Markets and sectors associated with financial markets have seen significant growth and change in every parts of the world including India. The Finance and Economics Areas of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) contribute significantly in the form of research, training and courses covering various segments of financial markets. They are also rated best among business schools in India. Many faculty members of finance and economics are closely associated with regulators, stock exchanges, financial intermediary institutions and institutions providing technology and software to financial markets and institutions. IIMB contributes large managerial pool for the financial sectors and several IIMB students occupy important positions in various institutions connected with financial markets. In order to leverage the strength of the faculty members and their association with financial markets, the Institute has set up Centre for Financial Markets and Institutions (CFMI) with an objective to carry out cutting-edge research and offer specialized programmes and training to meet the increasingly sophisticated demands of the financial sector. The activities of the centre include -
- Conducting high-quality research on both technical and non-technical topics of financial markets and institutions addressing both immediate and long-term needs of the industry
- Close and active association and interaction with various agencies and organizations connected with financial markets and institutions.
- Disseminating the knowledge through new courses, case studies, executive training, conferences and workshops.
- Offering a forum for exchange of views between the practitioners and academics by inviting eminent scholars and experts from the industry and regulating agencies to discuss, debate and direct future policies relating to financial markets and institutions.
- Encouraging and sponsoring academic and industry exchange programs in which faculty members can spend a short period with some organizations and similarly practitioners can spend a short period in IIMB.
- Launching newer long-term programs in various areas of finance.
- Organizing national and international seminar where leading academics and practitioners from all across the globe meet and exchange their views on the fast changing scenario of the financial world.