Bangalore is synonymous with the success of the Indian software industry. IIM Bangalore is one of India's best schools of management. The Centre for Software and Information Technology Management was launched in 1998 as a platform for co-creation of knowledge with the Indian software and IT industry. The CSITM and the PGSEM (Post Graduate in Software Enterprise Management) represent two important initiatives taken by IIMB to build a close relationship with the industry.
CSITM aspires to be known as a Centre of Excellence for research on the management of Software and Information Technology.
- Create a significant body of research on the management of software and IT based on the work done by IIMB faculty and students.
- Provide a platform for the identification of both relevant and potentially path breaking streams of research by inviting leading academics and practitioners.
- Focus IIMB research efforts in this area by bringing together faculty and students and designing appropriate research programmes and projects.
- Catalyze research in the area by holding conferences, workshops and other events.
- Secure external funding for research activities on the research themes chosen by the centre.
- Disseminate research findings through journal papers, books, monographs, web publishing and other media.
- Provide seed funding for research on to faculty and students at IIMB.
- Promote research collaboration between IIMB faculty and students and renowned academic/research institutions worldwide and leading corporations.