PhD, University of Southern California, 1999
PGDM, IIM-Calcutta, 1990
Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA), 1988
Associate Member of the Institute of Cost & Work Accountants (AICWA), 1988
Market Microstructure (including issues on Market Design, Liquidity, Transaction Cost Modeling and Analysis, Execution Algorithms and High-frequency Trading Strategies), Mutual Funds and Indian Real Estate.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management, New York
Developing Indian Real Estate Secondary Pricing Model using proprietary data.
Transformation of Chapter 11 bankruptcy process in the US from being debtor-friendly to being creditor-friendly.
Academic and Industry Positions:
IIM Bangalore, September 2011 - Present
Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT), 2008-2011
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (New York, NY), 2005-2008
Assistant Professor of Finance, Olin School of Business, Washington University in St. Louis, 1998-2005
Visiting Academic Fellow, The Nasdaq Stock Market, 2002-2003
Career and Recent Professional Awards; Teaching Awards:
Caesarea Center 5th Annual Academic Conference Best Paper Award for the project, "The Changing Nature of Chapter 11," with Sreedhar Bharath and Ingrid Werner, 2008.
Morgan Stanley Grant ($10,000) for the project, "From Pink Slips to Pink Sheets: Market Quality Around Delisting From Nasdaq," with Jim Angel, Jeff Harris and Ingrid Werner, 2003.
American Association of Individual Investors Accepted Dissertation Proposal Award, 1996.
- "Why do only some Nasdaq firms switch to the NYSE? Evidence from Corporate Transactions" co-authored with Simi Kedia, 2011, Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 14, pp. 109-126.
- "Geography and Acquirer Returns," co-authored with Simi Kedia and Vahap Uysal, Journal of Financial Intermediation, 2007, Vol. 17, pp. 256-275.
- "The Information-content of the Limit Order Book: Evidence from Specialist Trading Decisions," co-authored with Larry Harris, Journal of Financial Markets, 2005, Vol. 8, pp. 25-67.
- "Has Decimalization Hurt Institutional Investors?" co-authored with Sugato Chakravarty and Robert Wood, Journal of Financial Markets, 2005, Vol. 4, pp. 400-420.
- "Competition among Markets: The Repeal of Rule 390," co-authored with Tai Kam and Daniel Weaver, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2003, Vol. 27, pp. 1711-36
- "The First Price of the Day," co-authored with Ananth Madhavan, Journal of Portfolio Management, 2002, Vol. 28, pp. 101-111.
- "Price Discovery in Auction Markets: A Look Inside the Black Box," co-authored with Ananth Madhavan, Review of Financial Studies, 2000, Vol. 13, pp. 627-658.