Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) invites applications for the position of Manager - Data Centre and Analytics Lab (DCAL). The primary objective of this position is to manage the newly created data centre and analytics lab at IIMB. The Manager DCAL is expected to play a crucial role in positioning IIMB as a centre of excellence for empirical research using India-related data. The role involves interacting with faculty, industry, data service providers and visiting researchers for effective collection, processing and use of data in research and teaching at IIMB.
- Developing a strategy, blueprint and a road map for the data centre and analytics initiative.
- Interact with faculty, industry and data service providers to identify data requirements.
- Setting up the relevant processes and robust procedures and systems for DCAL.
- Development of databases with cleaned and readily usable data across all functional areas of management and different industry sectors such as retail, banking and finance, manufacturing, healthcare, service, etc.
- Building linkages with industry and government agencies for sourcing data.
- Providing managerial and execution support to Chairperson (DCAL), for all collaborative arrangements and programs
Critical Skills and Expertise:
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently, with a strong sense of urgency regarding timely completion of the tasks.
- Should possess leadership abilities to work effectively with members of the staff and faculty.
- Proficiency in design and development of databases, processing and cleansing data, analytics, web design and programming.
- Should have demonstrated skills which have consistently showed proven results.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - oral and written. Ability to effectively communicate across levels of managers and executives in a professional manner.
- Maintaining organized and accurate written and electronic records of all relevant work in DCAL department and the results thereof.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree and preferably a MBA from a good B-school with at least 6 years of previous experience will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in handling large and complex data sets, Analytics, web design, data architects and programming.
This position is offered on a contractual basis and is renewable subsequently. Remuneration will be based on Institute norms and the applicant's qualification and experience. Candidates with the necessary credentials are required to apply online on or before September 30, 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated.