PGPPM-2015-2016 offer of admission
The Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) is a key long-duration programme offered by IIM Bangalore. Senior managers from the civil services and professionals from social, infrastructure and private sectors as well as future leaders will find the programme useful in strengthening their public policy and managerial skills in the current scenario where the boundary between the public and private sector is growing increasingly indistinct. This unique programme promotes cross learning between professionals from the Government and Non-Government sectors.
Click here to know more
- A one-year post graduate diploma programme offered by IIM Bangalore in Public Policy and Management.
- PGPPM aims at strengthening the public policy and managerial skills of future leaders and senior managers from the civil services; and professionals from social, infrastructure and private sectors.
- This unique programme helps professionals engaged in public policy and management to tackle new challenges in the context of liberalization, globalization and rapid technology change; and continuing burden of poverty, social exclusion and crisis.
- Candidates from government and private sector interact, exchange and learn in one class room
- Deepening conceptual, technical and analytical skills for public policy making through interactive sessions with eminent people in the Indian policy domain through the "Policy Speaks" series.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Understanding forces that shape the domestic and international environment for public policy.
- Specializing in a chosen public policy field.
- Learning from comparative study of other countries.
- Comprehensive Policy Memo which focuses on a specific policy issues of a particular department or programme
Government/PSU Sponsored participants:
- Selection criteria: Qualification, experience, age and other criteria will be as notified by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India/sponsoring PSU.
- Selection process: Applications should be routed through DoPT, Government of India (GOI), or through their respective employers with an advance copy to IIMB.
- Interviews: Interviews will be held in Delhi/ Bengaluru/ Kolkata. Candidates will be required to do a case analysis at the time of interview.
- Course Fee: Rs. 11.6 lakhs which includes tuition fee, books/course material, Asia-specific international module, library services, computer facilities and membership fee to alumni association.
NGO and other participants:
It is for the first time that this programme has been thrown open to the non-profit sector which include NGOs, international agencies, multilateral agencies and infrastructural, CSR, consulting and service sectors.
- Qualification and experience: Graduation in any discipline with five years of work experience in a public policy domain and CAT 2014 or valid GMAT/GRE scores (Scores obtained between December 01, 2011 and January 31, 2015). Candidates also have the option of taking a common admission test conducted by IIMB for PGPEM and PGPPM on February 8, 2015 tobe held at Delhi and Bangalore simultaneously.
- Application: : NGO and Other participants should fill the online application available on the IIMB website and submit it before February 02, 2015. The application fee will be:
- Rs.500/- for candidates applying with CAT/GMAT/GRE score
- Rs.1500/- for candidates opting to take IIMB admission test
- Selection Process:Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic background
- CAT 2014/GMAT or GRE scores between December 01, 2011 and January 31, 2015 / Common Admission Test conducted by IIMB for PGPEM and PGPPM on February 8, 2015
- A case analysis and
- Personal Interview (conducted in Delhi/Bengaluru/Kolkata).
- Course Fees: Rs. 11.6 lakhs which includes tuition fee, books/course material, Asia-specific international module, library services, computer facilities and membership fee to alumni association.
- Scholarship : Candidates sponsored by the NGOs shall be eligible for a merit-based scholarship up to 5 lakhs.
- Accommodation: Shared accommodation, furnished with basic requirements will be provided at IIMB’s off-campus housing at Ajmera a well-equipped apartment complex, located about 3.5 km from the campus. A fixed shuttle service is available between the apartment and campus. The annual fee for the accommodation will be Rs.1.4 lakhs. Allotment for on and off-campus accommodation will be on a first-come-first served basis.
About The Programme
The PGPPM was introduced in 2001 by the Centre for Public Policy (CPP), which was established by IIMB with initial support from the Department of Personnel and Training, GOI and UNDP. It integrates public policy and general management skills into a single programme.
PGPPM was extended to open candidates in 2008 and enables cross learning between participants from the private and public sectors. PGPPM proposes to attract overseas participants from the current year, which will enhance the learning experience.
The PGPPM programme has helped position IIMB's CPP as an important policy think tank. Its Alumni have been instrumental in initiating new policies and steering policy changes in their roles. They have also made significant academic contributions through papers and books.
PGPPM Alumni occupy senior positions in different ministries of the Government, the Railway Board, regulatory authorities like SEBI, TRAI and FMC, Planning Commission, UN bodies and many other important senior decision making positions in government and beyond. They also hold leadership positions in central and state PSUs like GAIL, BSNL, BMTC and MAHDA, JN Port Trust in Mumbai and with NGOs and as consultants and analysts in the private sector.
For further details and procedure for admissions, please email:
Admission info: email@example.com