The Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) is one of the key long-duration programs offered by the IIM Bangalore. This programme aims at strengthening the public policy and managerial skills of future leaders and senior managers from the civil services; and professionals from social, infrastructure and private sectors. Today, increasingly the boundaries between the public and private are getting blurred as sectors like infrastructure, utilities and services are opening up. This programme aims at equipping professionals in the Government, Private and Non-Government sector to meet this challenge. It's a unique programme where professionals from Government and from the Non-Government sector learn together in a classroom setting.
The programme targets candidates from:
Government/PSU Sponsored Participants: All the officers from All India Services, Central Services, and State Civil Services, PSU's in their mid-career.
NGO and Other Participants: These candidates will be from 'other than government' sectors and it targets Professionals from sectors like NGO'S, International Agencies, Infrastructural, CSR, Consulting and other Service Sectors.
Government/PSU Sponsored participants:
Qualification, experience, age and other conditions - as notified by DoPT, Government of India / sponsoring PSU.
- Selection process: Applications should be routed through the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India (GOI), or through their respective employers with an advance copy to IIMB. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in Delhi/ Bengaluru/ Kolkata. They will be required to do a case analysis at the time of interview.
- Course Fees: Rs. 11.6 lakhs which includes tuition fee, books/course material, Asia-specific international module, library services, computer facilities and membership fee to alumni association.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided on campus (MHU) to DoPT candidates not residing in Bangalore. For the PSU candidates, accommodation will be provided on a shared basis at the IIMB off-campus housing at Ajmera, an apartment complex about 3.5 kms from the campus. Fixed shuttle service between the apartment and the campus is provided. The apartment complex has facilities such as a health club, swimming pool, club house, etc., and are furnished with basic requirements. The annual fee for the accommodation will be Rs.1.4 lakhs. On campus or off-campus accommodation allotment will be on a first-come-first served basis.
NGO and other participants:
We are opening up this program for the first time for participants from the non-profit sector. Participants from NGOs, international agencies, multilateral agencies and infrastructural, CSR, consulting and service sectors may apply.
- Qualification and experience: Graduation in any discipline with ideally five years of work experience in a public policy domain and CAT 2014 or valid GMAT/GRE scores (Scores obtained between December 01, 2011 and January 31, 2015). Candidates also have the option of taking a common admission test conducted by IIMB for PGPEM and PGPPM on February 8, 2015. This will be held at Delhi and Bangalore simultaneously.
- Application: NGO and Other participants should fill the online application available on the IIMB website and submit it before February 02, 2015. The application fee will be:
- Rs.500/- for candidates applying with CAT/GMAT/GRE score
- Rs.1500/- for candidates opting to take IIMB admission test
- Selection Process: Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic background
- CAT 2014/GMAT or GRE scores between December 01, 2011 and January 31, 2015 / Common Admission Test conducted by IIMB for PGPEM and PGPPM on February 8, 2015
- A case analysis and
- Personal Interview (conducted in Delhi/Bengaluru/Kolkata).
- Course Fees: Rs. 11.6 lakhs which includes tuition fee, books/course material, asia-specific international module, library services, computer facilities and membership fee to alumni association.
- Scholarship : Candidates sponsored by the NGOs shall be eligible for a merit-based scholarship up to 5 lakhs.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided on a shared basis at the IIMB off-campus housing at Ajmera, an apartment complex about 3.5 kms from the campus. Fixed shuttle service between the apartment and the campus is provided. The apartment complex has facilities such as a health club, swimming pool, club house, etc., and are furnished with basic requirements. The annual fee for the accommodation will be Rs.1.4 lakhs. On campus or off-campus accommodation allotment will be on a first-come-first served basis.
About The Programme
The PGPPM was flagged off in 2001 from the Centre for Public Policy (CPP), which was established by IIMB with initial support from Department of Personnel and Training, GOI, and UNDP. PGPPM was started to fill an educational niche in India that brings together public policy and general management skills within a single programme.
It was extended to open candidates in the year 2008. Considerable synergies exist among private and public sectors, and we expect the class room experience to enable cross learning. PGPPM proposes to attract overseas participants from current year, and has added another dimension to the learning experience.
The PGPPM programme has contributed in positioning IIMB's CPP as an important policy think tank. PGPPM students have also initiated new policies and steered policy changes in their roles and have made academic contributions through papers and books based on their dissertation work.
Our Alumni are in senior positions in various public policy roles in different Ministries of the Government, the Railway Board, Regulatory Authorities like SEBI, TRAI and FMC, Planning Commission, UN Bodies, and in many other important senior decision making positions in the government and beyond. They are also in leadership positions in central and state PSUs like GAIL, BSNL, BMTC and MAHDA; including JN Port Trust in Mumbai and with NGO's and as consultants or analysts in the private sector.
For further details and procedure for admissions, please email:
Admission info: email@example.com