1. Please explain the ways of hiring students from the campus?
The different ways of recruiting students are:
- An 8-week full time Summer Internship giving the recruiter a chance to evaluate the candidate over an extended period.
- Entry level full time positions
- Experienced/Lateral positions for students with required work experience
2. When does the entire placement program take place?
The placement program is divided into three categories as mentioned above. The summer internship placements are in November. Final placements in March while Lateral placements are during the month of December to February. For specific information and dates please write to email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
3. What is a placement guide and where can I get it?
Placement guide is a document indicating the batch profile, various facilities available for the recruiters and the norms and rules regarding campus placements. Brochures and any other information can be easily obtained by emailing your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Administrative Officer (CDS), Career Development Services Office, IIM Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore- 560076.
4. When does the summer internship take place?
The scheduled timeline for summer internship is from the second week of April to mid-June. The internship may last from a minimum of 8 weeks to a maximum of 10 weeks.
5. What kind of information do the students expect in PPTs and/or Company brochures?
The important insights that students expect from a PPT are:
- Profile and reputation of the corporation
- Locations where the student is likely to be posted
- Career roles and responsibilities offered in different types of profiles.
- Compensation packages
6. What facilities are available on the campus for holding the presentations/placement process?
The campus is equipped with state of the art communication (Wi-fi enabled), computing, and presentation facilities to facilitate a smooth placement process. Telecommunication facilities for teleconferencing and video-conferencing; multimedia and projection facilities for presentation purposes; physical facilities like conference rooms, presentation rooms etc. can be easily arranged as per your specific requirement.
7. Can alumni of the institute be hired with the help of recruitment cell?
8. Is the option of conducting placement processes off-campus available? What are the various avenues available for recruiting without having to come for the process?
The option of conducting placements off-campus is not available per se. However the request can be entertained on a case-to-case basis. Kindly get in touch with us at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com for any such scenario. Regarding the remote recruitment process the interviews can be carried out via teleconferencing/videoconferencing.
9. What typical steps have to be followed in the placement process?
The various steps that are usually followed are listed below:
- Communicating your interest in being a part of the placement process to Placement Committee, IIM Bangalore
- Pre placement presentation
- Submission of Resume/Applications by the students
- Short-listing of candidates.
- Final offers
10. Do you have any resumes/ students you can recommend?
As a general practice, IIMB Recruitment cell does not recommend students to employers.
11. Is there any fee for placement?
There is no fee for summer placements. However there is a fee for final placements. For further details contact Administrative Officer (CDS), Career Development Services, Indian Institute of Management, Bannaerghatta Road, Bangalore - 560 076