Creation of New Data Centre at IIMB
Creation of new Data Centre at IIMB
The Data Centre and Analytics Lab at IIMB collects India related data, processes the data and makes the data available to IIMB faculty and international partner schools to support research and teaching. It aims to be a source for all India-related data, encompassing industry, governance and public systems and emerging markets. This base will be the foundation for building analytics and business intelligence capability in the near future. The primary objective of the lab is to become a centre of excellence and source for all India-related data in 5 years from now. Specific objectives include:
1. Create a data-hub, a warehouse of India-centric data to support academic research.
2. Collect data related to industry, governance and public systems from India and emerging markets.
3. Carry out data cleansing and formatting that can be easily used for analysis.
4. Create a web-based data service system that supports empirical research.
5. Create teaching material and case studies based on Indian data.
6. Provide software tools for a wide variety of analytics applications.