IIMB Challenge Research Grant
IIMB is introducing a new competitive research grant to support empirical research based on themes relevant to Indian business and management. The research grant is open for regular faculty members of IIM Bangalore. The duration of research grant would be for 2-3 years and maximum grant amount is Rs 25 lakhs that will be paid in annual installments. Research proposal should clearly demonstrate their potential for publication in top tier management journals and their impact on business and management in India.
How to prepare the Application
Application should be send to Chairman, Research and Publications before the set deadline. Application should consist of the following parts:
- Title of the Research project
- Complete project proposal (includes clear statement of the objectives and the expected results)
- One page abstract clearly stating the importance and impact of the proposed work
- An outline of the approach and method used.
- List of project participants and collaborators including institutional affiliation.
- Details of the duration of the project along with the work plan
- Estimated budget details
- Staff details with their responsibilities
What do grants cover?
Proposals will need to show 100% of full economic costs of the proposed research. The Funding from Research and publication division will meet personnel like research assistant, project fellows, field investigators, interpreters etc. It could also include travel expenses and other costs like recruitment, data collection and research output like publication, conferences, and work shops at IIMB etc. All work resulting from this grant should be acknowledged to IIMB.
How the applications are assessed?
All research funding decisions are made on the basis of external peer review. If needed, specially constituted bodies in the area shall be consulted. It is important that at least two members in the team represent IIMB. Preferences will be given to proposal with:
1. Interdisciplinary team members
2. Themes those are relevant to the Indian and emerging markets
3. Empirical research based on Indian data
4. Potential for top tier publications and impact.