Ph. D, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, India, 2001
MBA, R. A. Podar Institute of Management, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India, 1991-1993
BA (Economics, Psychology and Statistics), Rajasthan University, Jaipur, India
Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Internet advertising, Marketing Strategy
- Mahindra: Corporate Reputation pulse (with Reputation Institute)
- INDCOSERVE ( a cooperative organization in tea business): Marketing strategy
- Nilon's: Feasibility of a direct to home distribution channel
- Imparted training to executives of Siemens, Indian Oil, HUL, SAP, Mahindra Real Estate, India Mart, Alcon Pharma, Oberoi, Taj Hotels, Nokia, Infosys among others.
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA): Assistant professor
Chairperson, Post Graduate Program in Public Relations & Event Management, MICA
RPG Group: Sales & Marketing
Reputation Institute: Academic Associate for India
IIM Bangalore:May 2006-present
Assistant Professor, Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, India, June 2001- April 2006
Lecturer, B. N. Girls College, Udaipur, India, 1996-2001
ISB-IVEY Best Case Award 2011 for the case INDCOSERVE: Stirring Up
Gold Medalist: B.A.; State Topper: Higher Secondary (Rajasthan); City Topper: Secondary (Jaipur)
Century Club: Awarded membership of exclusive club of RPG consisting of top performing sales & marketing professionals
- Gupta, S. (2011), Enhancing the role of Corporate Communications: A Practice-based Approach, Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 14, No.2, pp 114-132.
- Gupta, S. (2007), Professionalism in Indian Public Relations and Corporate Communications: An Empirical Analysis, Public Relations Review, Vol. 33, No. 3.
- Gupta, S. (June 2003) Event Marketing: Issues and Challenges, IIMB Management Review, Vol. 15, No. 2.
- Gupta, S. and Chundawat, D.S. (2002), Family and Social influences in Buying Decision Making- A Study of Television, Decision, Vol. 29 No. 2.
- Gupta, S. and Mahadevan, B. (2011) "INDCOSERVE: Stirring Up," Winner of ISB-IVEY Case Competition 2011, IIMB Case.
- Gupta, S. (2011). "Coke-Pepsi: Crafting Advertising Strategy," IIMB Case.
- Gupta, S. and Ramachandran, J. (2010). "The Park Hotels: Designing Communications," IIMB Case.
- Ramachandran, J. and Gupta, S. (2010). "The Park Hotels: Designing Experience," IIMB Case.
- Gupta, S. Bosch Ltd: Migrating and Building the Brand. Presented at the Conference on Corporate Reputation, Image and Identity in Amsterdam, May 28-30, 2009.
- Gupta, S. Corporate communications: A practice oriented approach. Presented at the conference on Corporate Reputation, Identity and Competitiveness in Beijing, China, May 29-June 1, 2008.
- Pandey, S and Gupta, S. Measuring Sponsor-Event Brand Personality Fit and Its Association with Recall and Recognition. Presented at the AIMS International Conference in IIM-A, January 1-4, 2006.
- Gupta, S. Professionalism in public relations & corporate communications: An empirical analysis. Presented at the conference on Corporate Reputation, Identity and Competitiveness at Madrid, Spain, May 19-22, 2005.
- Gupta, S. and Chidambra S.T.; Government banks top consumer preferences, Economic Times, January 3, 2007.
- Gupta, S. and Satish Pandey, The Marketing Battle: Sponsorship v/s Ambushing, USP AGE, July 2006.
- Gupta, S. and Atul Tandan, Spin Doctors should become Integrated Communicators, Financial Express, March 10, 2006.
- Gupta, S. Let's get this show on the road, Economic Times, April 28, 2003.
- Gupta, S. Link up with the Chain Gang, Economic Times, December 18, 2002.