Ph. D, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, India, 2001
MBA, R. A. Podar Institute of Management, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India, 1991-1993
BA (Economics, Psychology and Statistics), Rajasthan University, Jaipur, India
Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, E-Commerce
Independent Director www.youmart.in
- Leading retail chain - Role of product, service, advertising and loyalty program on customer loyalty
- Leading CRM Consulting - Analyzed the role of customer engagement on customer loyalty for a major apparel company
- KHSDRP, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Karnataka - Measured Training Effectiveness for improving health services to bottom of pyramid patients
- Karnataka State Seeds Corporation - Business turnaround Strategy
- INDCOSERVE, tea cooperative - Business turnaround Strategy
- Nilon's: Feasibility of a direct to home distribution channel
- Imparted training to executives of Siemens, Indian Oil, HUL, SAP, Mahindra Real Estate, India Mart, Alcon Pharma, Oberoi, Taj Hotels, Nokia, Infosys among others.
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA): Assistant professor
Chairperson, Post Graduate Programme in Public Relations & Event Management, MICA
RPG Group: Sales & Marketing
Reputation Institute: Academic Associate for India
IIM Bangalore:May 2006-present
Assistant Professor, Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad, India, June 2001- April 2006
Lecturer, B. N. Girls College, Udaipur, India, 1996-2001
Won the EFMD 2011 award for the best case study for 'Park Hotels: Designing Experiences'
ISB-IVEY Best Case Award 2011 for the case INDCOSERVE: Stirring Up
Gold Medalist: B.A.; State Topper: Higher Secondary (Rajasthan); City Topper: Secondary (Jaipur)
Century Club: Awarded membership of exclusive club of RPG consisting of top performing sales & marketing professionals
- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. (2014). "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the three Strategies," Vikalpa.
- Gupta, S. and Ramachandran, J. (2013). "The Park Hotels: Designing Communications," Asian Case Research Journal, Vol No. 17, Issue 2, pp 199-224.
- Gupta, S. (2012). "Fighting the Advertising Battle," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 2.
- Gupta, S. (2012). "Strategic Interdependence between Experience Marketing and Business Strategy," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 3.
- Gupta, S. (2011), Enhancing the role of Corporate Communications: A Practice-based Approach, Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 14, No.2, pp 114-132.
- Gupta, S. (2007), Professionalism in Indian Public Relations and Corporate Communications: An Empirical Analysis, Public Relations Review, Vol. 33, No. 3.
- Gupta, S. (June 2003) Event Marketing: Issues and Challenges, IIMB Management Review, Vol. 15, No. 2.
- Gupta, S. and Chundawat, D.S. (2002), Family and Social influences in Buying Decision Making- A Study of Television, Decision, Vol. 29 No. 2.
Cases Registered with Harvard
- Gupta, S. (2013). "Nielsen: Market Research for Pantene," IIMB Case No. IMB419
- Gupta, S. (2013) "Volkswagen in India," IIMB Case No. IMB443
- Gupta, S. Mishra, K and Maheshwari, A. (2013) "Procter & Gamble India: Gap in the Product Portfolio," IIMB Case No. IMB433.
- Gupta, S. and Mahadevan, B. (2011). "INDCOSERVE: Stirring Up," Winner of ISB-IVEY Case Competition 2011, IIMB Case No. IMB345.
- Gupta, S. (2011). "Coke-Pepsi: From Global to Indian Advertising," IIMB Case No. IMB387.
- Ramachandran, J. and Gupta, S. (2010). "The Park Hotels: Designing Experience," IIMB Case No. IMB373, Winner of EFMD 2011 award.
- Gupta, S. (2011). "Bosch in India," IIMB Case No. IMB409.
- Gupta, S. "Write Magnificent Memos," Times of India, March 31, 2014.
- Gupta, S. "How Viral marketing led to Kolaveri Di Rage," Education Times, Times of India, January, 9, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Increase investments in Research and Development," Rajasthan Patrika, May 20, 2009.
- Gupta, S. and Chidambra S.T.; "Government banks top consumer preferences," Economic Times, January 3, 2007
- Gupta, S. and Atul Tandan, "Spin Doctors should become Integrated Communicators," Financial Express, March 10, 2006.
- Maity, M. and Gupta, S. "The Mediating Effect of Loyalty Program Membership on the Relationship between Advertising and Loyalty." Presented at the IIM Lucknow International Conference in Marketing and Emerging Markets, January 9-11, 2014.
- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the three Strategies." Presented at the IIML International Conference in Marketing on Shaping the future of Research in marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead, at IIM Lucknow Noida campus, January 13-14, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Bosch Ltd: Migrating and Building the Brand," Presented at the 13th International Conference on Corporate Reputation, Image and Identity in Amsterdam, May 28-30, 2009
- Gupta, S. "Corporate communications: A practice oriented approach," Presented at the international conference on "Corporate Reputation, Identity and Competitiveness" in Beijing, China, May 29-June 1, 2008
Invited to address Bangalore chapter of Forum of Corporate Communicators of India
Invited to be a panel member of conference on Public Relations organized by exchange4media.com.
Was member of the committee for selecting branding and communication agency for Karnataka Udyog Mitra for Global Investors Meet 2012
Invited Speaker at symposium on Social Media Marketing by CMR Institute of Management Studies, March 21-21, 2014.