- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. (2014). "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the Three Strategies," Vikalpa.
- Gupta, S. and Ramachandran, J. (2013). "The Park Hotels: Designing Communications," Asian Case Research Journal, Vol No. 17, Issue 2, pp 199-224.
- Gupta, S. (2012) "Fighting the Advertising Battle," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 2.
- Gupta, S. (2012) "Strategic Interdependence between Experience Marketing and Business Strategy," Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 4, Issue 3.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Enhancing the Role of Corporate Communications: A Practice-based Approach", Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 14, No.2, pp 114-132.
- Gupta, S. (2007) "Professionalism in Indian Public Relations and Corporate Communications: An Empirical Analysis", Public Relations Review, Vol. 33, No. 3.
- Gupta, S. (2003) "Event Marketing: Issues and Challenges", IIMB Management Review, Vol. 15, No. 2.
- Gupta, S. and Chundawat, D.S. (2002) "Family and Social Influences in Buying Decision Making: A Study of Television", Decision, Vol. 29 No. 2.
- Gupta, S. (2013) "Nielsen: Market Research for Pantene," IIMB Case No. IMB419.
- Gupta, S. (2013) "Volkswagen in India," IIMB Case No. IMB443.
- Gupta, S. Mishra, K and Maheshwari, A. (2013) "Procter & Gamble India: Gap in the Product Portfolio," IIMB Case No. IMB433.
- Gupta, S. and Mahadevan, B. (2011) "Indcoserve: Stirring Up," Winner of ISB-IVEY Case Competition 2011, IIMB Case No. IMB345.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Coke-Pepsi: From Global to Indian Advertising," IIMB Case No. IMB387.
- Ramachandran, J. and Gupta, S. (2010) "The Park Hotels: Designing Experience," IIMB Case No. IMB373, Winner of EFMD 2011 Award.
- Gupta, S. (2011) "Bosch in India," IIMB Case No. IMB409.
- Gupta, S. "Write Magnificent Memos," Times of India, March 31, 2014.
- Gupta, S. "How Viral marketing led to Kolaveri Di Rage," Education Times, Times of India, January 9, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Increase investments in Research and Development," Rajasthan Patrika, May 20, 2009.
- Gupta, S. and Chidambra S.T.; "Government Banks Top Consumer Preferences," Economic Times, January 3, 2007.
- Gupta, S. and Atul Tandan, "Spin Doctors should Become Integrated Communicators," Financial Express, March 10, 2006.
- Maity, M. and Gupta, S. "The Mediating Effect of Loyalty Program Membership on the Relationship between Advertising and Loyalty." Presented at the IIM Lucknow International Conference in Marketing and Emerging Markets, January 9-11, 2014.
- Gupta, S., Maity, M. and Pandey, S. "Sponsor, Ambusher and Others: Consumer Response to the Three Strategies." Presented at the IIML International Conference in Marketing on Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies: Looking Ahead, at IIM Lucknow (Noida campus), January 13-14, 2012.
- Gupta, S. "Bosch Ltd: Migrating and Building the Brand," Presented at the 13th International Conference on Corporate Reputation, Image and Identity in Amsterdam, May 28-30, 2009.
- Gupta, S. "Corporate Communications: A Practice Oriented Approach," Presented at the international conference on Corporate Reputation, Identity and Competitiveness in Beijing, China, May 29-June 1, 2008.
- ISB-IVEY Best Case Award 2011
- EFMD Best Case Award for 2011
- Membership to ‘Century Club,’ an exclusive club of top performing sales and marketing professionals of RPG
- Gold medalist at the graduation level
- State topper in higher secondary and city topper in secondary education
- PhD, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
- MBA, RA Podar Institute of Management, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- BA (Economics, Psychology and Statistics), Rajasthan University, Jaipur
Gupta’s research and interest areas are Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and E-Commerce. She has published papers in Public Relations Review, Corporate Reputation Review, Management Review and Decision. She has written cases on digital marketing and marketing strategy on The Park Hotels, Bosch, Volkswagen, Nielsen and Dainik Bhaskar, among others. Her cases have been published on Harvard Business School’s publishing portal and her articles have appeared in national media such as Economic Times and Financial Express.
Cases Registered with Harvard:
Gupta teaches digital marketing and marketing communications at IIMB.
Interested in entrepreneurship, she regularly mentors and guides startups, especially in the digital sector.