PhD,Univ. North Carolina Chapel Hill, (1993)
MS,Univ. North Carolina Chapel Hill, (1992)
M.Stat,Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta (1989)
B.Stat,Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta (1987)
Multivariate Statistics, Actuarial Mathematics, Market Research, Fuzzy data analysis, Sports analytics, Insurance analytics, Operations Research, Measurement and Scaling problems, Business Forecasting
Domestic market study for freshwater fishery products
Bayesian and Nonparametric regression and their Software implementation
On determination of minimum support price
Time series forecasting for Business analytics
Classification and clustering
IIM Bangalore: 1999-present
Visiting Professor, ESSEC Business School, (part of 2008 and a few other short stints)
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management at Lucknow (IIML), 1997 -1999
Visiting Scientist, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Calcutta 1996 -1997
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska at Lincoln (UNL), 1994 - 1996
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Montana, 1993 - 1994
Graduate Instructor and Teaching Assistant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989 - 1993
Research Assistant, Glaxo Inc., Summer of 1993.
Awarded Marie Curie International Research Staff Exchange Scheme Fellowship within the 7th European Community Framework Programme (2013-16)
IIMB representative and part of faculty team across 12 leading academic institutions across the globe
Recipient of IBM Faculty award (part of the IIMB faculty team)
Research Chair Professor, IIMB (2005-07)
Best Paper award in the 7th APRIA (2003) for work on Joint life Insurance Policy with differential benefit and premium.
- Alarm System for Insurance Companies: A Strategy for Capital Allocation, S. Das and M. Kratz. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 51 (2012) 53-65
- Joint Life Insurance Policies with Differential Benefits and Premiums to the Policyholders, S. Das (2008) Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance 2(2) pp 1-18.
- On Measuring Imprecision in Human Response due to Respondent and Attribute and its Utility in Questionnaire Design, S. Das (2006), International Journal of Uncertainty and Knowledge-based Systems.14(2)
- Binary Knapsack Problems with Random Budgets, S. Das and D. Ghosh (2003), J. of Operational Research Society 54 (9): pp 970 - 983.
- Quantifying fuzziness due to the scale of measurement in response systems, S. Das (2002), Fuzzy Sets and Systems 132: pp 317 - 333.
- Restricted Canonical Correlations, S. Das & P.K.Sen (1994), Linear Algebra and Its Applications 210: pp 29 -- 47.