- S.Venkatagiri. Empowering the bottom of the pyramid from the sky: a case for satellite-based services. Dr.Madhavan Nair in conversation with S.Venkatagiri. IIMB Management Review pp.57-67 (Volume 17, September 2005)
- S. Venkatagiri. Shikshan – a hybrid framework to augment instructional video. IIMB Management Review pp.111-116 (2004)
- L.A.Bunimovich and S.Venkatagiri. On one mechanism of transition to chaos in lattice dynamical systems. Physics Reports pp. 81-100 (1997)
- L.A.Bunimovich and S.Venkatagiri. Onset of chaos in coupled map lattices via the peak-crossing bifurcation. Nonlinearity pp.1281-1298 (1996)
- Lynn, T., Kilroy, S., van der Werff, L., Healy, P., Hunt, G., Venkatagiri, S. Morrison, J. Towards a general research framework for social media research using big data. Proceedings of the IEEE International Professional Communication Conference (2015)
- Healy, P., Hunt, G., Kilroy, S., Lynn, T., Morrison, J.P., Venkatagiri, S. Evaluation of peak detection algorithms for social media event detection. Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization (2015)
- S. Venkatagiri. Constructive Statistics: Feeding off your own dataset. Proceedings of the 11th IEEE-ACM Conference on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, San Diego pp. 594- 598 (2013)
- S. Venkatagiri. Teach Project Management, Pack an Agile Punch. Proceedings of the 24th IEEE-CS Conference on Software Engineering Education & Training, Hawaii pp. 351-360 (2011)
- S. Venkatagiri. Promoting collaborative e-learning with the SPLINE framework. Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on Applied Computing, Salamanca pp. 479-483 (2007)
- S. Venkatagiri. Engineering the Software Requirements of Non-profits - a Service-learning Approach. Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Software Engineering, Shanghai pp.643-648 (2006)
- Debolina Dutta and Shankar Venkatagiri. EdGE Networks: Making HR Intelligent. HBP-IMB Case 607/608 (2017)
- Shankar Venkatagiri and Yalla Veera Prakash. Wooqer: Making business social. HBP-IMB Case 411/413 (2013)
- Nicole R.D. Haggerty, Shankar Venkatagiri, Ramasastry Chandrasekhar. Mudra Communications: Ivey Publishing Case 9B11E030 (2011)
- Nicole R.D. Haggerty, Shankar Venkatagiri, Ramasastry Chandrasekhar. Mercedes-Benz India: Ivey Publishing Case 9B11E009 (2011)
- Chairperson, Post Graduate Program in Software Enterprise Management (2007-2009)
- Designed distributed classrooms at Bangalore & Chennai for the PGSEM program (2005-2007)
- Established the Moodle learning management system at IIM Bangalore (2004)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics from Georgia Tech (1996)
- M.S. in Computer Science from Georgia Tech (1995)
- M.A. in Mathematics from U. of Southern California (1992)
- M.Sc. (Integrated) in Mathematics from IIT Kharagpur (1990)
Shankar Venkatagiri Print Bio
Decision Sciences and Information Systems
Shankar Venkatagiri is a member of the Decision Sciences and Information Systems area at IIM Bangalore since 2002. Prior to this, he worked as a consultant with Sapient Corporation, Cambridge and Reuters Consulting, Boston. He also developed solutions at an MIT start-up called Curl Corporation.
A technologist at heart, he is committed to the spread of digital learning in India. He has anchored a TV show on high school mathematics on Topper TV. More recently, his MOOCs on statistics have featured on edX.
Shankar has been developing cases based on the IT scenario in India, some of which are listed on Harvard Business Press. His research interests are in agile methods, cloud computing, open source software and network analysis.
MBA Program: Big Data Analysis with Networks, Managing Software Projects, Statistics and Optimisation
Doctoral Program: Mathematical Methods for Management Research, Multivariate Statistics, Preparatory Mathematics
MOOCs: Statistics for Business I and II on the edX platform
Besides this, Shankar teaches extensively in IIMB's executive programs each year on topics related to information systems, analytics, technology-driven leadership and negotiation skills. He has coordinated several programs for companies in the IT sector.
Shankar has trained teams at Swiss Singapore Overseas, Philips Healthcare, State Bank of India, NDS (now Cisco), HAL on topics related to analytics, negotiation skills, agile methodologies