- Organizational Capacity Assessment and Building for a large multinational corporation in Information Technology business
- Design and delivery of Leadership Development Programs for senior managers of a leading regulatory organization
- Institutional impact assessment study for the Forest Department funded by an international donor agency
- Restructuring regional rural banks, an assignment undertaken for NABARD
- Design, conduct and evaluation of assessment centers as a basis for developing first line managers for a leading multi-product company in United Kingdom
- Recipient of the Industrial Finance Corporation India award for the best dissertation, proposal submitted to IIM Ahmedabad.
- Figured on the Thinkers List of Top 50 Management Thinkers in India by Institute of Competitiveness.
- Fellow, IIM Ahmedabad, India
- Master of Business Administration, Osmania University, India
- Bachelor of Science, Osmania University, India
He was a Visiting Research Fellow at the Stanford Center for Organizational Research and a Visiting Research Fellow at the Centre for Management Learning, University of Lancaster, UK where he was involved in researching learning processes of managers and organizations. His areas of interest are Corporate Restructuring, Organizational Structure and Design, Organizational Learning, Human Resource Management in High-tech Industries, and Managerial Effectiveness.
He has taught courses on Managing Organizations, Leading Change and Organizational Renewal, Managerial Effectiveness, and Corporate Restructuring-Human Dimensions.
Professor Ram has worked with several software companies in developing profiles of successful project managers. He has designed and delivered custom-made management development programs for HP, Nokia, Syntel, Novell, HCL Technologies and many other companies in the software industry. He has also worked on the following assignments: