- Member of the UN Secretary-General's Big Data Privacy Advisory Group United Nation (UN) Big Data Group; UN Global Pulse, 2014-Present Only Resident Indian to be in the committee
- Advisor of Knowledge Commission- UNESCO - MGIEP 2015- Present
- Member Analytics Advisory group- National Payment Corporation of India, 2015- Present
- Member, 73rd National Sample Survey Surveying unincorporated non-agricultural enterprises in manufacturing, trade and other services (excluding construction) Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation; Govt. of India
- Academic Fellow, 2014- Present, Centre for Advanced Financial Research & Learning, Reserve Bank of India
- External Advisory Board Member, 2014- Present, Institute for Economic Analysis of Decision-making (InstEAD) The University of Sheffield
- Guest Editor of Special Issue for the Journal Probability and Statistics: Probability and Statistics with Applications in Finance and Economics"
- Associate Editor, (2014 -2018) Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A
- Associate Editor, (2009 -2013) Journal of the American Statistical Association
- Co- Editor, ( 2013 -Present) Electronic Commerce Research and Applications
- Associate Editor, ( 2008 -2014) Journal of Statistics and Applications
- Associate Editor, ( 2009-2012) Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics
- Project funded on "Demand and Inventory Prediction for Perishable Goods in Indian market" Funded by the University of Chicago Centre in Delhi. Joint with Bhuvanesh Pareek and Pradeep Chintagunta
- NSE - NYU Stern Grant on "Studying Indian Capital Markets" (2012-)---(with Jayant Kale and Venky Panchapagesan)
- A Unified Joint Modeling of Multivariate Longitudinal Measurement and Time to Event data using a Bayesian Approach"-- Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (2011-2014)-PI
- Ghosh, P., Zhang, Y., Luo, X, and Zhang, C. A Simultaneous Model of Consumption Time, Money, and Churn with Online Gaming Users
- Pareek, B., Ghosh, P., Sinha, R., Wilson, H., Macdonalds, E., and Bains, P. Real-Time Consumer Experience Tracking and the Dynamics of Brand Choice: An Application to the UK General Elections
- Pareek, B., Liu, Q., and Ghosh, P. "Ask Your Doctor if This Product is Right for You": A Bayesian Zero-Zero Inflated Multinomial Joint Model for Drug Requests and Physicians' Prescriptions
- Bhagat, S., Ghosh, P., and Rangan, S. Economic Policy Uncertainty and Economic Growth in India
- Sriram, K., Ramamoorthi, R.V., and Ghosh, P. Simultaneous Bayesian Estimation of Multiple Quantiles with an Extension to Hierarchical Models
- Voleti, S., Srinivasan, V., and Ghosh, P. An Approach to Improve the Predictive Power of Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis
- Brown, S., Ghosh, P., and Taylor, K., Modelling Household Finances: A Bayesian Approach to a Multivariate two-part model, Journal of Empirical Finance (Accepted)
- Stober, J., Czado, C., Hong, G., and Ghosh, P. Modeling Multiple Chronic Diseases in the Elderly: Longitudinal Patterns Identified by Copula Design for Mixed Responses, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis (Accepted)
- Durham, G., Geweke, J., Ghosh, P. A Note on Consistent Estimation of a Dynamic Jump Intensity Model with Implications for Option Pricing. Journal of Financial Economics, 115, 210-214.
- Voleti, S., Kopalle, P., and Ghosh, P. A Dynamic Measure of Attribute Based Inter-Product Competition: An Application to the Category Profit Maximization Problem, Management Science (Marketing Section) (Accepted)
- Sriram, K, Shi, P., and Ghosh, P. Insurance Production Costs: An Examination Using a Bayesian Semiparametric Quantile Regression, Journal of Royal Statistical Society: Series A, (Accepted)
- Brown, S., Ghosh, P., and Taylor, K. Household Finances and Social Interaction: Bayesian Analysis of Household Panel Data, Review of Income and Wealth, (Accepted)
- Mukherji, A., Roychowdhury, S., and Ghosh, P., and Brown, S. A Bayesian Joint Model for Hospitalization and Out-of-Pocket Expenditures with Application to Aging Population, Journal of Applied Econometrics, (Accepted)
- Hong, G., Ryan, Yue., and Ghosh, P. Bayesian Estimation of Long-Term Health Consequences of Obese and Normal-Weight Elderly. Journal of Royal Statistical Society: Series A, (Accepted)
- Stanley I., M. Ko, Chong, T. L., and Ghosh, P. Dirichlet Process Hidden Markov Multiple Change-Point Model, Bayesian Analysis, (Accepted)
- Brown, S., Ghosh, P., and Taylor, K. The Existence and Persistence of Household Financial Hardship: A Bayesian Multivariate Dynamic Logit Framework, Journal of Banking and Finance, 46: 285–298.
- Farcomeni, A., Pareek, B., and Ghosh, P. Invited Discussion on the paper “Joint Modeling of Survival and Longitudinal Non-Survival Data: Current Methods and Issues”, By Gould et al. Statistics in Medicine, (Accepted)
- Yu, B., O’ Malle, A. J., and Ghosh, P. Linear Mixed Models for Multiple Outcomes using Extended Multivariate Skew-t Distributions, Statistics and Interface, 101-111.
- Hong, G., Roychowdhury, S., and Ghosh, P. The Joint Assessment of Longitudinal Multidimensional Functioning’s in Overweight and Obese Elderly with a Time Varying Covariates, Statistics and Interface, 297-305.
- Voleti, S. and Ghosh, P. A Non-Parametric Model of Residual Brand Equity in Hierarchical Branding Structures with Application to US Beer Data, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A, 177, 135–152.
- Ausin, C. M., Galeano, P., and Ghosh, P. A Semiparametric Bayesian Approach to the Analysis of Financial Time Series with Applications to Value at Risk Estimation, European Journal of Operations Research, 232, 350–358.
- Wai, M., Tu, W., Ghosh, P., and Tiwari, R. A Nested Dirichlet Process Analysis of Cluster Randomized Trial Data with Application in Geriatric Care Assessment, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 108, 48–68.
- Voleti, S. and Ghosh, P. A Robust Model to Measure Equity in Hierarchical Branding Structures, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 11, 289–319.
- Sriram, K., Ramamoorthi, R.V., and Ghosh, P. Posterior Consistency of Bayesian Quantile Regression based on the Misspecified Asymmetric Laplace Density, Bayesian Analysis, 8, 479–504.
- Muthukumarana, S., and Ghosh, P. A Semiparametric Bayesian Approach for Mark-Recapture Estimation, Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, 8, 29–39.
- Named among the Top 10 Most influential Analytics Leaders in India (Only Academician in the list), by Analytics India Magazine-2015
- Chair of Panel Discussion on “Future Trends of Analytics in India", 4th Business Analytics Conference, IIMA, April 2015
- Panel Discussant on Optimizing Financial Services Delivery in India, Geo-Spatial Analysis in the Inclusive Finance India Summit, New Delhi, December 9, 2014
- Invited as a Keynote Speaker, Talk on Big Data, Bayesian and Consumer Conference on “Recent Advances in Statistics", University of Pune, India, January 2, 2015
- Best Paper Award, 2013, 7th China Summer Workshop on Information Management (CSWIM) for the paper, "Do Household TV Viewing Patterns Demonstrate Efficiency and Concentration?"
- Awarded Young Scientist Award, 2011 by International Indian Statistical Association for outstanding contribution in the Statistical Applications. The award recognizes outstanding contribution and innovative work on applied statistics area by someone under the age of 45 years.
- PhD, Statistics, Oakland University, Michigan, USA
- BSc and MSc, Statistics, University of Calcutta, India
Pulak Ghosh Print Bio
Quantitative Methods & Information Systems
Pulak Ghosh is Professor in the Quantitative Methods & Information Systems Area at IIMB. His key specializations are in various fields of Quantitative Marketing, Big Data, Analytics, Bayesian Nonparametric, Health Analytics, and Econometrics. He is an accomplished researcher of international repute.
Prior to joining IIMB, he served as Associate Director, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, USA, Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, Georgia State University, and Associate Professor at Emory University, USA. He is a visiting faculty at several institutes of international repute.
Professor Ghosh’s research areas are:
Analytics: Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Policy Analytics, Health Analytics, E-Commerce
Statistics: Statistical Models for Big Data, Applied Bayesian Modeling, Econometrics, Asset Pricing, Health Care, Survival Analysis, Joint Modeling, Statistical Model for Unique Data Structures
Marketing: Quantitative Marketing, Political Marketing, Choice Modeling, Probability Models for Marketing Data, Marketing-Information Systems Interface
He teaches some of the following courses:
Quantitative Methods, Marketing Analytics, Big Data, Bayesian Modeling, Nonparametrics Bayes, Statistics 3, Bayesian Network, Predictive Analytics