Visiting Faculty, Centre for Public Policy
Fellow, IIM Bangalore, 1992
PGDRM, Institute of Rural Management Anand, 1984
Financial Inclusion, Microfinance, Co-operatives, Livelihoods and Urban Poverty
Review of performance of Local Area Banks in India for Access Development Services
Design and approach for Financial Inclusion module of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission
Enhancing Financial Services Access to SHG Women: Institutional and Policy Options: Project for Government of AP
Living in Bangalore Slums: Understanding dynamics of migration and mobility
Pathways to Prosperity: Analysing financial behaviour of poor urban households
IIM Bangalore: Visiting Faculty, 2012 - Present
Distinguished Fellow, Institute for Development of Research in Banking Technology, 2011 - Present
ICICI Bank Lalita D Gupte Chair Professor of Microfinance, IIM Ahmedabad, 2009 - 2010
Professor, IIM Ahmedabad, 2005 - 2009
Vice President (Finance and Information), BASIX, 1997 - 2000
Other Professional Appointments:
Member, Editorial Board of Vikalpa, The Journal for Decision Makers
Member, Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Agribusiness in Emerging Economies
Corporate / Public Sector Leadership:
Independent Director, Nabard Financial Services Limited
Trustee, Pratham Books
Independent Director, NDDB Dairy Services
- Beyond Micro-Credit: Putting Development Back into Microfinance (With Thomas Fisher), New Delhi: Vistaar Publications, 2002.
- Flow of Credit to Small and Marginal Farmers (With Samar Datta) Oxford and IBH Publishers New Delhi, 2006.
- Perspectives on Flow of Credit to Small and Marginal Farmers [With Samar Datta] Allied Publishers New Delhi, 2012.
- Slum Types and Adaptation Strategies: Identifying Policy-Relevant Differences in Bangalore Forthcoming in Environment and Urbanisation.
-Too Big to Fail versus Too Small to be Counted : Published in Financial Sector Regulation for Growth, Equity and Stability. BIS Papers No 62. Geneva: Bank for International Settlements.
- Commercialisation of Microfinance in India: A Discussion on the Emperor's Apparel, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLV, No.24. June 12, 2010.
- Identity for Inclusion: Moving beyond Aadhar Forthcoming in Economic and Political Weekly XLIX, No.28, July 12, 2014. Pp.148-154.