Visiting Faculty, Centre for Public Policy
Fellow, IIM Bangalore, 1992
PGDRM, Institute of Rural Management Anand, 1984
Financial Inclusion, Microfinance, Co-operatives, Livelihoods and Urban Poverty
Design and approach for Financial Inclusion module of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission
Enhancing Financial Services Access to SHG Women: Institutional and Policy Options: Project for Government of AP
Improving Programme Effectiveness: A Case Study of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Financing and Development Project
Living in Bangalore Slums: Understanding dynamics of migration and mobility
Pathways to Prosperity: Analysing financial behaviour of poor urban households
IIM Bangalore: Visiting Faculty, 2012 - Present
Distinguished Fellow, Institute for Development of Research in Banking Technology, 2011 - Present
ICICI Bank Lalita D Gupte Chair Professor of Microfinance, IIM Ahmedabad, 2009 - 2010
Professor, IIM Ahmedabad, 2005 - 2009
Vice President (Finance and Information), BASIX, 1997 - 2000
Other Professional Appointments:
Member, Editorial Board of Vikalpa, The Journal for Decision Makers
Member, Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Agribusiness in Emerging Economies
Corporate / Public Sector Leadership:
Independent Director, Nabard Financial Services Limited
Trustee, Pratham Books
Member, Board of Governors of Institute of Rural Management Anand
- Beyond Micro-Credit: Putting Development Back into Microfinance (With Thomas Fisher), New Delhi: Vistaar Publications, 2002.
- Flow of Credit to Small and Marginal Farmers (With Samar Datta) Oxford and IBH Publishers New Delhi, 2006.
- Perspectives on Flow of Credit to Small and Marginal Farmers [With Samar Datta] Allied Publishers New Delhi, 2012.
- Too Big to Fail versus Too Small to be Counted : Published in Financial Sector Regulation for Growth, Equity and Stability. BIS Papers No 62. Geneva: Bank for International Settlements.
- Commercialisation of Microfinance in India: A Discussion on the Emperor's Apparel, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLV, No.24. June 12, 2010.