Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) (Production Engineering), College of Engineering, Guindy, Madras, INDIA. (1985)
Master of Technology (M. Tech.) (Industrial Management), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, INDIA. (1987)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) (Industrial Management), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, INDIA (1991)
Emerging market structure in B2B E Commerce; Order allocation issues in Electronic Markets; Supply chain management issues in product re-manufacturing; Design of Cellular Manufacturing Systems; Business Model Innovation; Ancient Indian Wisdom & Management
Marketing Strategy for INDCOSERVE; Turnaround Plan for the tea factories of INDCOSERVE
IIM Bangalore: 1992- Present
Chair Professor, EADS - SMI Chair for Sourcing & Supply Management August 2007 - July 2008
Visiting Scholar, Center for The Emerging Economies & Asia , The Amos Tuck School of Business Administration , Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA. April 1999 - January 2000
Assistant Professor, Quantitative Systems & Production/Operations Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur, INDIA January 1992 - September 1992
Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, INDIA July 1991 - December 1991
Top five teaching faculty in Post Graduate Programme (1998, 2002, 2008)
Top five teaching faculty in Executive training Programmes
Top five teaching faculty in Management Programme for Technologists (1998)
Recipient of ICFAI Best Teacher Award from the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) for the year 2005
Editorial Board Member
International Journal of Business Excellence (http://www.inderscience.com/ijbex)
Production & Operations Management Journal (USA)
International Journal of Six sigma for competitive advantage (UK) until 2007
IIMB Management Review
Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective
California Management Review
European Journal of Operational Research
International Journal of Production Research
IIMB Management Review
Sloan Management Review
Membership in Advisory Boards
Member, International Executive Education Board Nyenrode Business Universiteit, The Netherlands
Member, Academic Council, Anna University (Feb. 2001 - Feb. 2004).
Member, Board of Studies, Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM)
Member, Executive Advisory Board, Special Interest Group in Multimedia for Arena (SIGMAA), Aptech Ltd. (2002).
Member, Board of Studies of Several Business Schools & University Departments in India
Nominated Member, Central Sanskrit Board, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Higher Education, Government of India (September 2002 - September 2005).
1. Hazra, J. and Mahadevan, B. (2009). "A procurement model using capacity reservation", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 193 (1), pp 303 -316.
2. Mahadevan, B. (2008). "Management Lessons from the Bhagavad Gita", Vedanta Kesari, December 2008, pp 558 - 561.
3. Hasmukh Adhia, Nagendra, H.R. and Mahadevan, B. (2008). "Impact of Yoga way of Life on Organizational Performance". Under review in the International Journal of Yoga (I-Joy).
4. Mahdavi, I. and Mahadevan, B. (2008). "CLASS: An algorithm for cellular manufacturing system and layout design using sequence data", Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 24 (3), pp 488 - 497.
5. Hazra, J. and Mahadevan, B. (2006). "A procurement model for electronic markets", International Journal of Services Technology and Management, Vol. 7, pp 475 - 489.
6. Hazra, J. and Mahadevan, B. (2006). "Impact of supply base heterogeneity in electronic markets", European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 174 (3), pp 1580-1594.
7. Mahadevan, B. (2005). "Journey to the Deming: Implications for Corporate Transformation and Competitiveness.", IIMB Management Review, Vol. 17 (2), pp 59-70,
8. Hazra, J., Mahadevan, B. and Seshadri, S. (2004). "Capacity Allocation among Multiple Suppliers in an Electronic Market", Production & Operations Management, Vol. 13 (2), pp 161-170.
9. Mahadevan, B. (2003). "Making sense of the emerging market structures in Business to Business E Commerce". California Management Review, Vol. 46 (1), pp 86 - 100.
10. Mahadevan, B. and Pyke, D.F. and Fleischmann, M. (2003). "Periodic Review Inventory Policies for Remanufacturing". European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 151, pp 536 - 551.
11. (2001). "Business Model Innovation: Deconstructing the formula for uncovering value-creating opportunities in familiar places", A competitive strategy study by Deloitte Consulting and Deloitte & Touche, Deloitte Research.
12. Mahadevan, B. (2000). "Business Models for Internet based E Commerce: An anatomy". California Management Review. Vol. 42 (4), pp 55 - 69.