BTech IIT Madras 1972
PGDM IIM Calcutta 1974
Technology and Business, Technology choices and priorities for India, Innovation, Telecommunications in India, National security, Space technology and development, Missiles, Nuclear weapons.
Recent Consulting / Other Assignments:
Honorary J R D Tata Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies - part of the International Strategic and Security Studies Programme.
A study of China's Science & Technology Capabilities, safety of nuclear weapons, governance issues related to Board of Directors linkages in Indian corporations, Missiles, space weapons, other national security issues
IIM Bangalore: September 1997-present; Visiting Faculty 1993-97
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) 1974 to 1993 - all areas of space including satellites, launch vehicles, telecommunications and remote sensing. Also involved in all international relations aspect of the space programme including dealings with NASA, the European Space Agency and different parts of the international Space System including the UN Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space and the Conference on Disarmament.
1. S.Chandrashekar, "The Origins and Antecedents of the Ghauri Missile - An Assessment", Current Science, Volume 76, No. 3, 1999, pp 280-285.
2. S.Chandrashekar, N.Gopal Raj, Y.S.Rajan, "Errors in Cotton Forecasts and Their Economic Implications Can New Technology Help?", Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XXXVI, No. 38, September 22nd , 2001, pp 3626 - 3632.
3. S.Chandrashekar & K.P.Basavarajappa, "Technological Innovation and Economic Development Choices and Challenges for India", Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XXXVI, No. 34, August 25th, 2001, pp, 3238 - 3245.
4. V.Ravi Anshuman, S.Chandrashekar, "How Contemporary are IIMs? MBA Curriculum in a Globalised World", Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XXXIX, No. 8 February 21st 2004, pp 827 - 837,
5. N.Dayasindhu, S.Chandrashekar, "Indian remote sensing programme: A national system of innovation", Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 72, Elsevier, 2005, pp 287-299.
6. S Chandrashekar, Arvind Kumar, Rajaram Nagappa and Sonika Gupta, "Pakistan's Ballistic Missile Tests in 2006 - An Update", India's National Security Annual Review 2007, Satish Kumar (editor), Knowledge World Publishers Private Ltd, New Delhi, pages 330 - 334
7. S Chandrashekar, Arvind Kumar, Rajaram Nagappa and Sonika Gupta, "China's Ballistic Missile Capability: An Assessment", India's National Security Annual Review 2007, Satish Kumar (editor), Knowledge World Publishers Private Ltd, New Delhi, pages 384 - 411