- National Dairy Development Board
- Reviewed major restructuring plans of HMT Machine Tools and HMT Tractors.
- AIMS Best Young Teacher Award
- PD Agarwal-TCI Award for Doctoral Research in Management
- Nominated member on the India Design Council
- On the governing council of the Strategy Academy Knowledge Center Society
- On the International Advisory Board of the Center for Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis, USA
- On the USID Foundation Advisory Board
- Fellow, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- PG Diploma in Rural Management, Institute of Rural Management Anand, India
- Bachelor of Science, Elphinstone College, Bombay University, India
Professor Prabhu's areas of research and teaching are product innovation, strategic management and entrepreneurship. He has published in leading journals like the Academy of Management Review and Research Policy and was invited to be on the editorial board of the Journal of Management, US.
Professor Prabhu has conducted top management sessions for Honeywell, ITC, Qualcomm, Tata Group, Tessaract and Tetra Pak and has conducted strategy, visioning or innovation workshops for senior executive groups at Bharat Electronics, Crompton Greaves, ETA Ascon Holding, HAL, Honeywell, Indian Oil, L&T, Quest, Oracle, Union Bank of India. He jointly coordinates executive programmes Strategic Analysis for Competitive Advantage and Creating Successful New Products and has led customized programmes for Amul, Cognizant, CA Technologies, Future Group, Trent, Reliance, Seimens,Wipro-GE and Yahoo.
Professor Ganesh was Chair of the Post Graduate Program for two years and Chair of Placements for three and half years. He was also;