Chairperson, Admissions & Financial Aid
PhD, Osmania University, Hyderabad, 1997
M Phil, Osmania University, Hyderabad
M Com, Osmania University, Hyderabad
CAIIB- Associate Member of Indian Institute of Bankers
Banking; Financial Markets; Risk Management; Corporate Finance
IIM Bangalore: October 2006- present
Visiting Faculty, ESCP-EAP, European School of Management, Paris
Visiting Faculty, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
Associate Professor Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Middle Management Cadre of Central Bank of India and Faculty Member in the area of Investment Banking,
BGSE Financials Limited, Member Board of Directors and Chairman of the Board
Basel- II, Risk and Compliance, Wipro Limited, 2012
University Finances: A Study of Karnataka State Universities , Knowledge Commission Government of Karnataka (together with Ramesh G 2011)
Credit Delivery System in Bihar, for Reserve Bank of India (jointly with Sukumar Nandi), 2006
Mergers and Acquisitions in PSU Banks" (together with Rudra Sensarma), funded by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, November 2006
"Basel-II and Credit Risk", funded by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, Mumbai March 2005
Restructuring of UP State Bridge Corporation, (jointly with KN Singh and Shailendra Singh) for UP State Bridge Corporation, 2005
Managerial Accounting: Creating Value in a Dynamic Business Environment, Ronald W Hilton, G Ramesh, and M Jayadev, Seventh Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi, 2008
Investment Policy and Performance of Mutual Funds, Kanishka Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, 1998.
Select Papers in Refereed Journals
1. Efficiency Scale Economies and Valuation Effects: Evidence from Bank Mergers in India (co authored with Rudra Sensarma) International Journal of Financial Services Management, Vol.4,No.4, 2010,pp 311-336
2. Default Risk Characteristics of Poll Based Bond Spreads: Evidence from India (co authored with Joshy Jacob) Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Vol.9, No1, April 2010, pp 51-70
3. 'Are Bank Stocks Sensitive to Risk Management?(co-authored with Rudra Sensarma), The Journal of Risk Finance, Vol.10, No.1, pp7-22, 2009
4. Mergers in Indian Banking: An Analysis (co-authored with Rudra Sensarma), South Asian Journal of Management, Vol. 14, No.4, 2007, pp-20-49
5. Internal Credit Rating Practices of Indian Banks: A Survey, Economic and Political Weekly, (Special Issue on Money, Banking and Finance), March 18-24, 2006, pp1069-1078
6. Predictive Power of Financial Risk Factors: An Empirical Analysis of Default Companies, Vikalpa Vol.31, No.3, 2006,pp-45-56
7. The Announcement Impact of Bank Rate on Commercial Paper Rate: Evidence from Indian Market (coauthored with Sunil Kumar), Journal of International Business and Economics, Vol.1. No.1, 2004, pp.179-191.
Select Conference Papers:
1. Paper entitled " Systemic Risk in Indian Banking: A Preliminary Analysis" ,(co-authored with Rashmi Singh) presented at National Conference on Emerging Macro Environment, Regulatory Changes and Bank Competitiveness held at National Institute of Bank Management(NIBM) during March 3-4, 2012
2. Paper entitled "Market Efficiency and Analyst Recommendations: Evidence from Indian Stock Market, (co authored with Arun S and Bharat Sankaran) presented at the International Finance Conference (IFC) 2011 held at IIM Kolkatta during January 10-12, 2011
3. Paper entitled "Does Corporate Governance Matter in Indian Banks? (co-authored with Rejie George and Vidya Suresh) presented at the "Research Symposium on Corporate Governance in India and China", organized by Old Dominion University during October 24&25,2008, at Virginia beach, USA.
4. Paper entitled "Impact of Risk Management on Shareholder's Wealth: Evidence from Indian Banks" (co-authored with Rudra Sensarma) has been accepted for presentation at 12th Finsia- Melbourne Centre for Financial Studies Banking and Finance Conference, September 24 and 25, 2007
5. Paper presented on Credit Spreads of Indian Corporate Bonds: An Empirical Analysis (co-authored with Joshy Jacob) at 2006 Asian FA/FMA Conference
10-12 July2006 Auckland, New Zealand
6. The paper entitled "The Announcement Impact of Bank Rate on Commercial Paper Rate: Evidence from Indian Market" (co-authored with Sunil Kumar) presented at the Annual Conference of International Academy of Business and Economics, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, October 17-20, 2004.
7. The paper entitled " Interest Rate Term Structure in the Indian Money Market"(co- authored with Mayank Shivam) presented at the Sixth Annual Conference on Money and Finance in the Indian Economy organised by the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research(IGIDR) during March 25-27, 2004
8. The paper entitled "Pricing of Commercial Paper: A Cointegration Analysis", (co- authored with Mayank Shivam and Munish Goyal) presented at the Seventh Capital Markets Conference 2003, organised by the Indian Institute of Capital Markets (formerly UTI Institute of Capital Markets, Mumbai) during December 18-19, 2003. The paper was adjudged as an outstanding paper and received the Cash award.