Associate Professor, Centre for Public Policy
PhD (Economics), Michigan State University, 2004
MA (Economics), Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics, Pune, 1992
BA (Economics), Fergusson College, Pune, 1990
Financial Inclusion; Microfinance
A confidential Report (with Professor R. Srinivasan, IIMB), for the National Dairy Development Board, Anand.
1. "Ramanagaram Financial Diaries: Loan repayments and cash patterns of the urban slums" (with Arnab Mukherjee and Smita Ramanathan, IIMB) IIMB Working paper 268.
2. "A Study of Financial Management practices of Urban Poor Households in Bangalore" (with Amrita Dasmohapatra and Saleela Patkar)
3. Report on the working of the NREGA in Raichur, Gulbarga, Anantapur and Adilabad districts (with Professors Trilochan Sastry and Rajluxmi V. Murthy, IIMB), a research study for the UNDP and MoRD.
IIM Bangalore: 2006-present
Assistant Professor (Visiting), India Gandhi Institute of Developmental Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, 2004-2006.
Visiting Instructor, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 2003-2004.
Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax, Indian Revenue Service (IRS), Mumbai, 1995-1999.
Research Officer, Indian Economic Service (IES), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi, 1993-1995.
1. "Public Inputs and the Credit Market", International Tax and Public Finance. Vol. 13, No. 6, November 2006.
2. "Financial Inclusion vis-à-vis Social Banking", Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 42, Number 15, April 14 - 20, 2007